Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 6 - Question Of The Day...

Day 6 - Question Of The Day...

So, since it's Memorial Day, let's ask the best question of all...

Have you, or any member of your family, served in the Military? If so, what branch?

My Answer:

Ahyep. I was in the Army, circa 1987-1992. I *should* have made it a career, but live and learn.

And, my family can trace our Military Heritage all the way back to the Civil War. We've had some member in some branch in every major engagement, up to and including Iraq and Afghanistan. (Cousins in the most recent, but yeah.) In my direct line, my Father served in Vietnam - I was adopted by older parents - My grandfather was in Korea, My great-grandfather in WWII, Great-Great in WWI...well, you get the idea.

Personally, I was in the first Desert Storm, got out right after. I don't miss that heat though and applaud our Men and Women over there now! It was hell for the nine months I did it, I can only imagine what you go through for *years* at a rotation! *shudders and eyes the combat boots in her closet that *still* have crystalized sand in the bottom of them...*

Anyway, thank you! For your Service, past, present and future. May our Men and Women stay safe and come home again!

Thanks as always for stopping by.

Until next time,

Margaret Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment