I'm driving along, heading for home and a voice spoke in my head. Now, being an Author I'm quite used to this...matter of fact it'd been happening all day long if you must know because I was working on my WIP as I drove from stop to stop...but this voice interrupted everything else and said...
So, I did. I pulled off into a gas station, looked around for a moment and what did I see across the street? The San Antonio Animal Shelter....
I sighed. Keep in mind, I already have 5 cats, but I've learned over the years that when that little voice in my head gets that loud, I listen.
I put my car in gear, drove across the street and two hours later...
Please meet the newest member of my family...
This is a two-month old (8 week) Mini-Pin/Chihuahua mix. He is one of a litter of five, two girls, three boys that today I'm proud to say I rescued from a kill shelter. (They are trying to go No Kill though, so props for that!)
Now, the girls named him "Amigo", but I'm sorry he just doesn't look like an "amigo" to me, so here's where YOU come in and can win some awesome prizes to boot!
Here's the dealio...
I'm going to run a contest until Saturday, April 13 at Midnight EST. From now until then, please post what you think this little guy should be named in a comment below. On Saturday, I'll pick the three best names and post them here to be voted on. On Monday, the top vote getter (I'll tell you how to vote in the next post) will be chosen and thus the puppy will be happy! (He's happy right now, he's sleeping soundly on his new Giraffe on his blankie bed! But I can't keep calling him "Hey You" or "Come mere".)
See? Told you he was...
Anyway, here's what you can win.
The name with the highest votes on Monday will get the following:
1. Obviously, the puppy's forever gratitude, especially if it's a really, super, duper, cool name!
2. An ARC of Prophecy of Love (When it's available - we're still in content edits so after this, I should be able to start sending it out, but just think, you'll be the first to have one yeah?)
3. A mention in the dedication of my next book. Just FYI, I'm working on a shifter series but more to come on that later.
4. A character named for you and your choice of puppy names (IE: You'll get a human - Male/Female your choice and His/Her pet will get the puppy's new name...We'll collaborate a bit on this one as I get deeper into the Shifter Series.)
5. Just because I'm cool like this, I'm gonna throw in a $15 GC to Amazon or B&N, your choice.
But, to me that's just a bonus. Isn't it infinitely cooler to have a puppy's undying gratitude, get mentioned in a book and be a character in that same book?
I'm just sayin'...
So, with that, I'll leave you now to think up some really cool names. Please, don't go with the standard though. I'm Pagan so the weirder the better! Get me?
And to start things off, we already have two potentials...
My roommate has submitted Tardis - which stands for: Tiny and Relative Dogs In San Antonio - or if you're a Dr. Who fan, which we are in this house, it's a big blue telephone box too!
And my neighbors daughter across the street has submitted, Roo - mainly because when I took the little guy over for intro's to their dog - a wonderful weiner dog by the name of Lilly - my little guy was bouncing around like a Kangaroo while they played.
If you like either of those names, feel free to say so below.
Thanks, as always for stopping by.